A tool adapted to your needs
Visual T# is a unit tests development environment integrated within Visual Studio™, though it can also be used indepedently from it. It is composed of :
- T# : a programming language specific to unit tests. T# is based on the C#™ 2.0 language, which makes it a natural fit for .NET developers. New reserved keywords have been added to simplify the writing of unit tests. It puts a lot of emphasis on unambiguously defining tests' intentions.
- Tools for compiling tests, executing them, testing them and easily navigating amongst them.
Visual T# offers the following advantages over other solutions
- Transparent usage of best practices : clearly identifies the three parts inherent to a test (Preparation, Execution, Verification).
- Fast problems identification : tests that are not well constructed are separated from those that actually failed.
- Easy validation specification : one keyword
assertto handle all the cases.
- Effective debugging : tests concerning a working declaration can be executed without knowing where they have been declared.
- Usage of different contexts: reexecute tests for different contexts without rewriting them.
- Indication of missing logical tests: missing logical tests are indicated upon compilation of the test code.
- Simplified writing: each verification can be expressed in one line of code (this also holds for events, exceptions, etc.), use relative verifications.